Thursday, April 8, 2010

Forest Whitaker in a possible Criminal Minds spin-off?

Yesterday, Criminal Minds Season 5 episode 18 the Fight was different… They worked with another team, under the direction of Sam Cooper (Forest Whitaker), and because they introduced us the team in lengthy manners, my sister guessed that they would be new characters for a spin-off. After all, Criminal Minds is in its 5th season and still going strong. Turns out she was right.

It’s too bad they spend that amount of viewing time introducing those characters because the story was really interesting and we didn’t get to see much of our regular cast, but, hey! You gotta do what you gotta do.

Anyway, here lies the question, will I be watching this Criminal Minds spin-off?
I will be, yes… I’m a big fan of Criminal Minds, and it’s actually the only show I’m really excited about during the week. I don’t really care about the characters, what I only care for in a show is the storyline. Even if I cringe everytime I see Derek Morgan and its perpetual wrinkled forehead, the quality of the writing makes me forget all about it. It happens that I go back to some episodes and daydream about its awesomeness. So yeah, I’ll certainly be watching.

I have to say that the new characters are really colorful, from an ex-con, to a excellent snipper with a huge ego, without forgetting the girl who seems to be in love with her boss. Personality speaking, they seem to have tried for the whole wheel… Maybe they got too far on this side, but I have to say that they’re still missing something.

He’s a guy who doesn’t have one but two PhD, ladies: the one and only Dr. Reid!!
Seriously this guy is just too much, and I can’t wait to see his profiling every episode… I wonder how the new team’ll manage without him.
What about you, what’s your first impressions of this new team?

0 comments: